MG Car Club Washington, D.C. Centre
- This event has passed.
March 26 @ 10:30 am - 3:00 pm
The last details for our March 26 Saturday Winter Romp, led by Ted and Sharon Whitehouse, are now in place.
1. Our departure time from Potomac has been pushed back to 10:30 a.m. in the hope that Rocky Point Creamery in Point of Rocks will be open when we arrive (negotiations in progress!), so that we can stop and administer to those people in desperate need of ice cream therapy. We will plan to meet up at around 10:00 a.m at the Potomac Elementary School 10311 River Road, Potomac, MD 20854 to get organized, take a headcount, etc.
2. We expect to arrive in Hagerstown at approximately 1:30 p.m. for lunch.
3. We are planning to have lunch *(“dutch treat”) at 28 South, which has both indoor seating and outdoor seating. (Outdoor seating cannot be reserved – it’s first come first serve) Please RSVP (email to firstname.lastname@example.org) if you plan to attend lunch so we can reserve adequate indoor seating. (You can still attend the Romp and eat at 28 South if you don’t RSVP. BUT you may wind up seated at the uncool/nerdy kids table!)
4. The event ends at the conclusion of lunch. (Some members may visit nearby Hagerstown museums or historic City Park on their own.)
5. The return trip is an easy (fast) trip down I-70 and I-270 back to Potomac. Or, you can rely on “Google Maps” (or whatever other mapping program you prefer) to find an alternative to the Interstates (Or just follow the route out Hagerstown in reverse!)